Responsibilities of the Senior Functional Analyst
Primary Tasks and Responsibilities
– Translate the business’ needs into functional analysis (user story) applicable to generate the necessary solutions within applicable domain(s) and document as necessary.
– Coordination and implementation of the software solution.
– Study and discuss the functional analysis with the N+1 and report on the progress respectively.
– Define the functional specification of the solution in collaboration with the architecture team.
– Assist the architecture team and software engineers during the implementation stage of the product.
– Test the solution in the integrated environment following the Agile method, and/or assist the customer in doing so.
– Assist/support the process of release management
– Report potential issues to the functional analysts proposing the optimal solution for the achievement of the best results.
– Evaluate the impact of potential changes on the software modules and report any potential problems
– Report and share the lessons learned and continue own development through self learning/information sessions held.
Secondary Tasks and responsibilities
– Quality assurance & impact analysis
– Test the final solution as proposed to the end users
– Documentation and reporting
– Put in practice the improvement actions and good practices of software development
– Provide advice and expertise
– Software solutions implementation & support
– Creation of manuals
Profile of the Senior Functional Analyst
– +5 years of experience in a similar role
– Expert knowledge of web services (SOAP, TEST)
– Expert knowledge of XML and XSD is a must
– Very good knowledge of MS Office tools
– Very good knowledge of Business Analysis
– Very good knowledge of IT architecture
– Good knowledge of business rules modeling
– Good knowledge of business intelligence
– Good knowledge of software testing
– Working knowledge of enterprise architecture
– Working knowledge of project management
Non-Technical profile requirements
– Accepts personal responsibility for client satisfaction
– Strong analytical skills
– Strong communicational skills
– Ability to identify and implement process and/or application improvements – helicopter view
– Strong problem-solving skills
– Must be able to work on multiple simultaneous tasks with limited supervision
– Quick learner, motivated self-starter
– Excellent customer service, interpersonal, communication and team collaboration skills
– Team player
– Masters Degree in Computer Science OR equivalent through experience.
Offer for the Senior Functional Analyst
- Challenging projects based on your interests and skills
- Personal follow-up and clear, transparent communication both before and after commencement of employment
- Possibility to follow extra training
- Inspiring network events and legendary after work drinks
- Strong network of industry leading clients
- Expertise within IT, Engineering and Life Sciences
- A flying start for every junior, growth opportunities and possibility to share gathered knowledge for more senior employees