Responsibilities of the Microsoft Windows Junior Engineer
Microsoft Windows Junior Engineer
The company is constantly improving the way of working. We introduce new technologies to support the new business need of our employees. You will work in the Deployment Engineering team within the domain responsible for Office Automation (OFA). We maintain the hardware, software and security level of the client devices (Pc’s, VDI’s, mobile devices and peripherals)
As a Microsoft Windows Junior engineer, you will be able to carry out projects independently under the supervision of our senior engineers.
Role & Responsibilities:
- You will work together with a senior engineer and the OFA architects and participate in the technical design and engineering.
- You look for creative and simple solutions and you provide clear, structured documentation.
- You will create scripts to automate software installations
- You will deploy software and security patches towards the managed corporate PC park
- You participate in the implementation of releases following the Proximus change & release management processes.
- You are able to investigate and solve problems.
- You provide support to the operation team in case of major incidents.
- You are part of the standby team within Deployment Engineering.
Profile of the Microsoft Windows Junior Engineer
- You have a bachelor or master degree (preferably in an IT related domain) or equivalent by experience.
- You are optimistic, solution oriented, creative with an open mind.
- You value communication and collaboration with others.
- You have a learning attitude.
- You have an analytical mind and critical attitude with a drive for improvement.
- You have a good knowledge of the Microsoft Windows and Office
- You know how you can maintain client devices in a corporate environment
- You have experience in scripting and/or programming
- Good knowledge of English is mandatory (both oral and written). French and/or Dutch is an advantage.
Offer for the Microsoft Windows Junior Engineer
- Challenging projects based on your interests and skills
- Personal follow-up and clear, transparent communication both before and after commencement of employment
- Possibility to follow extra training
- Inspiring network events and legendary after work drinks
- Strong network of industry leading clients
- Expertise within IT, Engineering and Life Sciences
- A flying start for every junior, growth opportunities and possibility to share gathered knowledge for more senior employees