Responsibilities of the Delphi Developer
For one of our Client in Zaventem, we are looking for a Delphi Developer.
· You work in close collaboration with your direct colleagues and other Ingenico teams to identify, improve services and functionalities already launched
· Ensuring platform continuity through support and optimization :
- You participate to optimize the processes sustaining the well-functioning of the platform, constantly tracking the non-performant processes seeking automation
- You communicate clearly and efficiently towards several types of stakeholders about all operational change requests handled by your squad.
- You will act as Level 3 support, handling various types of requests, mainly related with applicative layer,
- Together with your colleagues and other teams, you lead the daily execution and improvement of Incident, Problem and Change Management processes as technical expert / advisors.
- You discuss and refine internal requirements with several stakeholders along with your squad and I.T. Product Owner.
- You leverage the diverse expertise in your team and other squads, analyse requirements and finally propose innovative technical solutions and architecture to resolve them.
· You split the project in smaller increments in order to size and plan it in a realistic way
- You implement the proposed applications in accordance with R&D dev standards and methods.
- You respect committed planning concerning projects or small enhancements, and communicate accordingly to stakeholders,
- You are responsible for the testing, integration and maintenance of different enhancements implemented on the platform.
- You amend/write internal documentation and ensure knowledge transfer inside the team and to appropriate stakeholders.
- You follow-up the non-regression of the platform and the overall quality of the product delivered in the launch period, together with others team, Customer Care and Product management.
Profile of the Delphi Developer
- University/Bachelor degree in IT or equivalent from experience
- >4-5 years’ experience in IT
- Last 2-3 years spent in application support/development function, having worked on complex business logic applications, not focused on pure web design
- Ready to combine applicative support and development tasks within the same day, being DevOps oriented
- Very good knowledge of English language (corporate working language)
- Knowledge of French and/or Dutch are a plus
- A good mix of hands-on expertise in the following technologies is required:
- Borland Delphi 6 is a must
- .Net latest version technologies (C#, ASP.Net, WCF, MVC, Linq, Resharper, Visual studio, TFS, Git, BitBucket …)
- SQL Server and T-SQL query language (as developer)
- General infrastructure and network knowledge is considered a plus
- Knowledge in some of the following domains or technologies are considered a plus
- Test automation tools (HP LoadRunner or Specflow)
- Web application security
- Usability : Web application performance, stress testing and metrics
- Application monitoring and assisted functional testing
- Agile frameworks (Kanban, Scrum)
- Good analytical, integrative thinking ability. Ability to quickly understand complex matters
- Interests in the Payments and e-commerce industries are considered a plus
- Good communication skills, ability to work with different profiles and personalities and be able to adapt communication styles accordingly
- Problem solving and solution oriented, you like to see things completed as expected o Be a real team player and having a flexible character
- Ability to manage own activities and reports issues and important milestones on time.
- With your capacity and willingness to take part in the definition, implementation, improvement and execution of processes and procedures, you help the team become more effective in handling growing volumes of requests
Offer for the Delphi Developer
- Challenging projects based on your interests and skills
- Personal follow-up and clear, transparent communication both before and after commencement of employment
- Possibility to follow extra training
- Inspiring network events and legendary after work drinks
- Strong network of industry leading clients
- Expertise within IT, Engineering and Life Sciences
- A flying start for every junior, growth opportunities and possibility to share gathered knowledge for more senior employees