Responsibilities of the Big Data Software Engineer
For one of our clients located in Gent, we are looking for a Big Data Software engineer.
As a Big Data Software Engineer, you will be writing and implementing great software, using the best development practices. We are not looking for a 100% developer but for someone that will implement and configure the Platform at clients. For this reason, you need you have a strong technical background.
- You will be part of a talented team and significantly impact implementing data-centric enterprise software.
- Passion for all aspects of software development as well as customer facing is a must.
- You will be the liaison between our the company and the customers
- You will help define the solutions, and develop business acumen, bringing technical perspective in furthering the product and business
- You will be involved very closely with various analytical groups to provide consultation on high-level concepts and prototype coding, including Data Scientists, Risk Detection and Marketing platforms
- You will develop tested code for the most challenging aspects of the product or product sub-systems
- You will perform the QA on all new code from inception through integration, staging and production environments
- You will collaborate with customers as well as other technology teams and architects
Profile of the Big Data Software Engineer
- You have a 5+ years experience building and designing large-scale software development and consultancy OR you have a master in computer sciences and have interest for this kind of role
- You have a strong cross-functional technical background and a willingness and capacity to expand leadership and technical skills.
- Strong knowledge in Java/J2EE
- Knowledge of RDBMS, SQL databases, Maven, git, IntelliJ/eclipse, unit testing
- Knowledge of Linux
- Working with Agile/scrum methodologies
- Ability to work in a fast paced, test-driven collaborative and iterative programming environment
- Excellent communication skills in English AND Dutch/French
- Strong interpersonal skills, Customer-oriented, Analytical & Solution oriented
- Team-player and able to work independtly
- Willing to work at customer location and travel regularly
- Willing to improve himself steadily
The following skills are a plus:
- Experience in working with Hadoop/MapReduce, Hbase, Hive, Flume, SOLR
- Knowledge of No-SQL and ETL tools
- Knowledge of the RESTful concept
- Experience with Python
- Knowledge of data modelling and programming
- Experience with performance tuning and profiling
Offer for the Big Data Software Engineer
- Challenging projects based on your interests and skills
- Personal follow-up and clear, transparent communication both before and after commencement of employment
- Possibility to follow extra training
- Inspiring network events and legendary after work drinks
- Strong network of industry leading clients
- Expertise within IT, Engineering and Life Sciences
- A flying start for every junior, growth opportunities and possibility to share gathered knowledge for more senior employees